Review of IPv6 Essentials Posted

Amazon.com just posted my five star review of IPv6 Essentials, 2nd Ed by Sylvia Hagen. From the review:

I read and reviewed IPv6 Network Administration (INA) in August 2005 and Running IPv6 (RI) in January 2006. I gave those books 5 stars, so I had high expectations for "IPv6 Essentials, 2nd Ed" (IE2E). INA and RI are very hands-on, implementation-specific books. IE2E is more concerned with explaining protocols and IPv6 features. In this respect, IE2E is the perfect complement to INA and RI.

My full review mentions IPv6 critiques by Daniel Bernstein and Todd Underwood. I intend to take a closer look at SEcure Neighbor Discovery (SEND) (RFC 3971) and Cryptographically Generated Addresses (CGA) (RFC 3972) after reading about attacks upon stateless autoconfiguration and duplicate address detection, which appear in IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (ND) Trust Models and Threats (RFC 3756). Authentication for DHCP Messages (RFC 3118) can also be a concern, thanks to DHCPv6 Reconfigure Messages.

I also plan to read (.pdf) and watch (Google Video) Van Hauser's Attacking the IPv6 Protocol Suite, nicely summarized here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics