Review of Apache Security Books Posted

Amazon.com just posted my two reviews on books about Apache. The first is Apache Security by Ivan Ristic. Here is a link to the five star review.
The second is Preventing Web Attacks with Apache by Ryan Barnett. Here is a link to the four star review.

Both reviews share the same introduction.

I recently received copies of Apache Security (AS) by Ivan Ristic and Preventing Web Attacks with Apache (PWAWA) by Ryan Barnett. I read AS first, then PWAWA. Both are excellent books, but I expect potential readers want to know which is best for them. The following is a radical simplification, and I could honestly recommend readers buy either (or both) books. If you are more concerned with a methodical, comprehensive approach to securing Apache, choose AS. If you want more information on offensive aspects of Web security, choose PWAWA.

These are my 39th and 40th reviews of 2006. I should break my previous high reading mark of 42 books, accomplished in 2001.

Congratulations to Ivan for the acquisition of Thinking Stone by Breach Security.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Zeek in Action Videos

New Book! The Best of TaoSecurity Blog, Volume 4

MITRE ATT&CK Tactics Are Not Tactics